Projects ranging from very simple to fairly complex.
These tutorials will give you the basic skills you need to use Photoshop.
- Melted and Warped – Get to know some tools by messing up a face.
- Multiple Me – Create a mock-Warhol using layers and filters.
- Font Feelings – Learn how to install, select, and modify fonts
- Mister Vegetable Head – Use layers and selections to build a vegetable creature.
- Complementary Colors – Learn the how and why of RGB and CMYK!
- Organic Name Shapes – Use the shape tools to create a unique design with your name.
- Outline Effect – Use the pen tool to create multicolored outlines.
Build on the skills you’ve developed to create more challenging works.
- Frankenface – Use layers, masks, and adjustment tools to create a mashup of multiple people.
- Mutant Zoo – Combine two (or more!) animals into an all-new creature!
- Half Me, Half Monster – Expand on the skills you learned from Frankenface and Mutant Zoo to replace half of your face- and the world behind it!
- Bling! – Use text, filters, and layers to build virtual jewelry.
- Hollow Head – Remove someone’s brain and replace it with whatever you like!
- Big Me, Little Me – Add a small version of yourself to an image.
- Anaglyphs (3D) – Use layers and channels to create an image that pops off the page.
- Graveyard – Use drawing tools and layers to create an image of a graveyard.
- Image Trace – use drawing tools to trace an existing drawn image.
- Face Trace – A step above Image Trace. Create a drawing from a photograph.
- Cartoon Drawing Effect – other methods for tracing a photograph.
- LEGO-style image – Make a picture into bricks.
- Animated flying through space – Make a GIF of a rocket ship.
- Animated Walk Cycle – Make a smoothly repeating GIF of a person walking.
These projects assume you’ve had enough practice with Photoshop that you no longer need to be given every step of process.
- Bookmarks – create a set of printable bookmarks.
- Droste Effect – Design and create a never-ending image.
- Cereal Box I – Make the front cover for an imaginary cereal box.
- Cereal Box II – Make the rest of the box!
- Four Panel Comic – Use found images to create a comic strip.
- Fumetti – Create a comic book page out of your own photographs.
- Comic Word Balloons – a mini-project for making your comic creations speak.
- Pokemon-style card – Build your own card game.
- Magazine Cover – create a fictional magazine.
- Movie Poster – Design all the elements and build a poster for a mythical movie.
- Photoshop Tennis – Two (or more) person project. Take turns turning a blank scene into a detailed image.